Forum Discussion

PloughGuy
Trusted Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

I paid a vendor twice for the same invoice - how do I account for that?

I know, I know - too much money and not enough brains...

But let's cut me some slack and ease it back to a good month fluffing up cash at hand, delayed attention to paying other debts,  and not enough time to be thorough.

Its pretty feeble, but I am in a hurry and its the best I can do.

So I ordered some stuff from my European supplier.  I send the dough.  Nothing happened.  Nothing happened. Nothing happend.  No email, no chocolates or flowers, no dispatch advice.  So late at night, a few craft-brewed tankards in the right place, I think "Motherforking shirtballls, I bet I didn't pay them."  So I did.  Again.

I noticed it when I was checking my bank balance.  The varmints didn't bring it up until I asked for a credit note.

(Some people say Donald Trump is right about Europeans.  I don't know... You be the judge...)  Anyway, Qanon and the international cabal fanciers can ponder that one on their own.

My problem (aside from the collapse of the world trade system) is that I now have two honkin' big debits and only one invoice to blame.

What do I do?  I can smell the approach of an asset account "Vendors overpaid".  How humiliating...

Thank for your help...

Russ 

• Hi PloughGuy,

Very interesting post! To be honest, I love writing skills!:smileyhappy:

To record overpayments or double payment, this is a help article which will guide you 

Pay a bill twice

Apply the first payment to the unpaid (open) bill as you normally do and then record another supplier payment and apply the second payment to the same bill. As this bill is now paid (or closed), you'll need to select the Include Closed Purchases option to see it. A debit for the second payment will be automatically created.

You record the payment using the Pay Bills window or by selecting the Pay Bills option in the Band Feeds window. 

After creating the debt, you can settle it by receiving a refund or applying it to a future bill. For more information on settling supplier debits, see the AccountEdge help (Australia) 

Hope this helps and let us know how you go. Looking forward to hearing from you. :smileyhappy:

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    RienaP
    Former Staff

Hi PloughGuy,

Very interesting post! To be honest, I love writing skills!:smileyhappy:

To record overpayments or double payment, this is a help article which will guide you 

Pay a bill twice

Apply the first payment to the unpaid (open) bill as you normally do and then record another supplier payment and apply the second payment to the same bill. As this bill is now paid (or closed), you'll need to select the Include Closed Purchases option to see it. A debit for the second payment will be automatically created.

You record the payment using the Pay Bills window or by selecting the Pay Bills option in the Band Feeds window. 

After creating the debt, you can settle it by receiving a refund or applying it to a future bill. For more information on settling supplier debits, see the AccountEdge help (Australia) 

Hope this helps and let us know how you go. Looking forward to hearing from you. :smileyhappy:

PloughGuy
      Trusted Cover User

Well done! Thank you.  Exactly 

Research reveals that I made the initial payment while I was on holiday in Norway.  I expect Akvavit may be implicated.

And this happened at about the same time...

https://youtu.be/i5d9Gbcp4qA

The runner is me.  The amazing dive was done by our guide.  I expect you would have done the same thing.

Russ

RienaP
        Former Staff

Hi PloughGuy,

Thank you for your feedback! Hahaha.......you made my day and I salute you for your Creativity & awesomeness!

Thoroughly enjoyed!

Should there be any other queries, please do let us know.