Forum Discussion

ExclusWater
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

MacOS Catalina upgrade

I have a small business and am currently using the Accountedge Pro but I cannot upgrade my MacOS to Catalina due to the MYOB 32bit situation.  I heard that it may be possible to transfer all from Accountedge Pro to MYOB Essentials.  Is that correct?  And if so, is it easy to do.  And can I then update to Catalina, once everything has been transferred to MYOB Essentials from Accountedge Pro?  

I'm not really keen on going out and buying a whole new computer and using a different business software package just because MYOB won't upgrade.  

Steven_M
    4 years ago

Hi ExclusWater 

MYOB Essentials is browser-based so you would be able to access the business information via an Internet browser running on Catalina, Mojave or Windows or an iOS/Android.

Although, my recommendation would be to look at migrating and keep on the current OS X until you have happy with Essentials. This way you are not getting stuck with needing to running AccountEdge on Catalina and needing to roll back that OS X.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ExclusWater 

AccountEdge data is able to be migrated to the MYOB Essentials product range.

For more information on this service and what is data can be migrated including FAQs can be found on Move to Essentials.

ExclusWater
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Steven.  I will look into it then.  Does this mean if I migrate to Essentials, will I be able to update my MacOS?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi ExclusWater 

MYOB Essentials is browser-based so you would be able to access the business information via an Internet browser running on Catalina, Mojave or Windows or an iOS/Android.

Although, my recommendation would be to look at migrating and keep on the current OS X until you have happy with Essentials. This way you are not getting stuck with needing to running AccountEdge on Catalina and needing to roll back that OS X.