Forum Discussion

10 days ago

Print not responding.

I am running Business Basics v 1.1. I have been running it for years as it's perfectly acceptable for my needs.

I have never had a problem printing from this version to my printer. I have 3 laptops all running Windows 10 and there are NO issues whatsoever.

Last week I purchased another laptop, running Windows 11 Home. Business Basics v 1.1 opens and runs perfectly but when trying to print it will not respond. In fact, an empty dashboard appears and it just gives me the buffering blue circle. 

If I close the box, there is print screen with "Printing from a Win 32 application" as a title but there is no response whatsoever. When I attempt any form of action, it closes down and exits 9including the MYOB program itself). 

I saw an error code at one point, which was 0x800706ba. I have tried everything to get MYOB to print but the only way I can do it, is to click on the 'SEND' icon and create a PDF file, which I then send to 'My Documents', so I can print it.

As I previously wrote, this DOES NOT happen on my other laptops running Windows 10.

I don't believe there is a conflict with MYOB B.B. v 1.1 and Windows 11 because if there was, I wouldn't be able to use the program at all.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this.

4 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi muaythai_oldguy

The error code, 0x800706ba may occur due to compatibility or failures with the printer drivers and your computer. You can check this link here for more information. Feel free to post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

• Thank you Doreen but if you read my problem, you'll see I wrote I have no problems printing anything at all.

It's just MYOB ONLY that won't reach my printer. It's not an issue with my printer. It's not an issue with my computer.

It's an issue with MYOB not printing or being sent to my printer.

Regards. 

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there muaythai_oldguy

Since there's no issue with your computer and printer, I highly recommend checking this link from MYOB for more information on how to fix issues when printing from MYOB. You can also get in touch with our live chat. To get through to a live chat agent, you will need to get in touch first to our virtual assistant, MOCA through myob.com/support. Don't worry, if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Best regards,

Doreen