Forum Discussion

jayemee
Experienced User
10 months ago

tall emu reviews

Hi.. Was just wondering if anyone is using Tall Emu and integrates it with MYOB.

How are you finding it..

I would like a better inventory forecasting system and a CRM that integrates with MYOB so we are looking at this as an option, some recent reviews on the website worry me though..

If anyone could share their experience, it would be much appreciated. :-)

THanks

14 Replies

• Over the last month they changed the way Tall Emu integrates with MYOB, it has been awful. We have only had 1 out of the last 35 days with sync working "seamlessly". For anyone looking to expand CRM/ERP capabilities, I would recommend steering clear of Tall Emu and possibly relocating away from MYOB to an all-in-one system. All these types of systems seem to have issues that you need to accept but Tall Emu takes the cake!

PowerMaxTom
      User

UPDATE: Tall Emu finally seem to have mostly fixed the sync after over a month of frustration and impacted business. It is fixed to the point where it is usable and not impacting the ability to run our business day to day. I still stand behind the comment on an all-in-one system. We have been with Tall Emu for almost 2 years and the majority of our issues have been linked to two systems trying to talk to each other, In our time we have had (and occasionally continue to have) data being duplicated, completely wiped out, being different in one system to the other (currently our balances are completely different in the two systems, we can only rely on MYOB as Tall Emu balances are just plain wrong for a number of our customers).

Tall Emu promised that we would save time on repetitive admin tasks with their platform. If we didn't factor the time in that we spend troubleshooting and fixing issue that Tall Emu causes, we would be very happy. But factoring in the countless hours, days, months and years that issues have taken our time to fix or wait for fixes we probably haven't saved any time, it has probably cost us time or at best left us in the same position we were in without spending thousands of dollars a year on an additional platform and the stress that has come along with it...

We continue to use Tall Emu and continue to work with some great people on the Tall Emu team in the hope that things will improve in the years ahead. As a system it isn't there yet, if you are looking for a CRM/ERP would recommend you hold off on signing up for Tall Emu or look for another system until things improve.

Butch_Dixon
      Experienced User

Tall Emu was a terrible experience for me. Every existing customer duplicated, it could not allocate payments. It cost me close to $2k in onboarding monthly fees, months of trialing and it it never worked. 

I was mainly using it to link to my Woocommerce site. Which it did well, but the ironic thing was syncing to MYOB.

MyIntegrator linked my website to MYOB and was working in a weekend. I use B14Cloud to get data out of MYOB. Plus use Starshipit for packing slips & shipping. Bit of a Frankenstein but it works unlike Tall Emu which promised the World and delivered an atlas. 

Hope that helps people with their solutions. 

In all my research I could not find anyone really singing Tall Emus praises. 

• Hey Jayemee,

Have recently implamented the program.

I think it has some strong points but its also lacking in a couple areas.

Intergration into MYOB was easy enough, but depending on your knowledge you will need to use thier onboarding service to fine tune how to want it to work.

Their online help page has been ok, but some of the infomation is outdated, so teaching and learning yourself can be a pain.

Their helpdesk personnel are amazing to deal - i have currently dealt with (Cheryl, Lisa and Dan) all are amazing but the main helpdesk email respone time have been 50/50 - some times i get a repsonse in 10min and others its been 5-6 days.

I am yet to fully learn the forecast system that tallemu provide, but i am also quite interesting in this function.

Any other questions let me know :D

Mitch

• Hi Jayemee,

We have implimented Tall Emu in our business 6 months ago having being long time MYOB users.

The Tall Emu CRM does have a lot of functionality however we are finding serious syncing issues with MYOB.

One of the the most annoying problems is if we invoice a client before 11AM it back dates the invoice to the day before. We have had a number of rounding error situations where Tall Emu creates an invoice and when it syncs with MYOB the values change. 

These are still outstanding problems in which the support team continually tells us they are working on it but at this stage is still unresolved after drawing their attention to it months ago.

We chose Tall Emu as a CRM platform as it was supposed to be a good system to intergrate with MYOB but there is definitely ongoing integration issues.

Thanks Kelvin

Butch_Dixon
      Experienced User

Hi Kelvin

How have you progressed with your Tall Emu integration? I am just starting out and after 1.5 months I still have not been able to get it integrated with my woocommerce site and myob. 

For example the MYOB isn't recognising customer payments when importing from CRM.

Just wanted to see if things get better over time.

Cheers, Butch

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Kelvin4172 , the API routine to post invoices to Accountright will only allow net line amounts to be posted,  and it then applies its own calculations to arrive at gst-inclusive values. I think rounding errors are common and unavoidable. 

brunob
    MYOB Product Manager

Hi jayemee ,

Tall Emu integrates seamlessly with Accountright and MYOB Business, I am not sure what your concerns are, feel free to share them here and we can cover them accordingly. Alternatively, start a free trial here, and instructions to connect to MYOB are found here, this may be a good way to clear any concerns that you may have.

Regards,

Bruno

• Hi Bruno,

I am interested to know how many implementations of Tall Emu you have done and if you have overseen the integration in practice yourself?  Has every integration you have done worked seamlessy?

Regards,

Advdis

brunob
        MYOB Product Manager

Hi Advdis2023 ,

As an employee from MYOB, I have overseen several implementations, with similar feedback as above, basic implementations (ie just syncing invoices and customers) are pretty straightforward. In more complex settings, ie that need manufacturing setups, the use of the onboarding team is super helpful to iron our nay settings problems

• Hi jayemee 

Thanks for your Post.

I understand your concerns about the review and integration. In terms of sharing about the user experience, I have tagged a few partners who might be able to share some insights about this process. If there is any specific concern/feature that you would like to discuss or would like to see the

product/watch a demo do let me know and I'll be able to organize with the relevant team.

Additionally, the provided link details Tall Emu and its benefits CRM Manufacturing - Tall Emu CRM Australia & NZ

Please feel free to reach out if you need further information.

brunob LynleyAveris ,@IanChait, jenniek JodySitters 

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj

PriyaSelvaraj
      MYOB Moderator

Hi jayemee 

I hope you found the answers and will close this conversation. Please feel free to start a new post in the future.

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj