Forum Discussion

Lisa_H
Trusted Cover User
15 days ago
Solved

Report for Supplier Bank Account Details

I need a report that shows my supplier bank accounts details.  

How do I do this?

Thanks

Lisa_H
    14 days ago

Hi Mike_James

Thanks for that.  

Regards

Lisa_H

5 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Lisa_H , best option is to export your supplier cards to a text file (file, import/export, export, cards, suppliers, match all fields, export to saved file name) then copy the contents to an Excel file and filter/delete columns as required. Watch out for Excel accidentally modifying long numbers or numbers beginning with zero. 

Lisa_H
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Mike_James

I tried doing that via File/Import/Export/Export data/Cards/Supplier Cards/Separate data using TABS/Include file header/Selected...Name on Card, Acct name, BSB, Acct number/Export..... then I get the option to save it only as a .txt file.  When I try to open it, I don't get the option to open it in excel.  The best I can open it in is Word.  It's a really messy document and shows all my suppliers over the past 9 years, that I have to go through and cull out so I just get my most recent suppliers that I am looking for.  It's quite time consuming.  I would have thought there would be an easier way to do this by now.

Regards

Lisa_H

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Lisa_H , the card export is the very simplest set of data. There is no other easy report,

Open the text file in Notepad, then copy all the text and paste it into an Excel file. (You get that option after the export has finished). 

In addition to the selected fields you want to see, include in your export the Card Status field, which will read Y for inactive cards. Those can be filtered/deleted in Excel, leaving your active suppliers. Presumably you need to know which of those do not have bank accounts.

Also include the Record ID field, which will make it easier to import the cards back again, matching on record ID instead of company name is more accurate.

When I paste card records into Excel, I make a copy of that worksheet right away and work on the copy. If anything goes wrong I've got the original.