Forum Discussion

3 years ago

API Endpoint /Purchase/Order/Item not working

Hello,

I'm getting a 500 code back from Account Right API when I try to retrieve a specific purchase order of type "Item".
Here is the URL: 

{{company_file_uri}}/{{company_file_id}}/Purchase/Order/Item/5f4492b7-12b9-4125-94b3-f2a71c6875cc

If I try the following URL works, but it does not return the order lines:

{{company_file_uri}}/{{company_file_id}}/Purchase/Order/5f4492b7-12b9-4125-94b3-f2a71c6875cc

Is anyone with the same issue?

Thanks

Tiago 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi tiagomatos8 

I can confirm that endpoint works perfectly - I have been writing a package to get Purchase Orders from one company file and post them as Sales Orders to another company file.

That program is 99% complete and working perfectly getting item Purchase Orders.

Having said that - I DO NOT use the MYOB SDK to do that. I produced all my own code - and I think this decision - made 2 years ago - has saved me a lot of bug grief.

So this post may not answer your question - but the API is working perfectly.

The Doc

tiagomatos8
      User

Hi Doc,

Thanks for confirming the API endpoint is working for you.

I'm still having issues, so I created a ticket with MYOB AccountRight support.

Once I get this sorted out, I'll share more details.

Thanks

Tiago

The_Doc
        Ultimate Partner

Hi tiagomatos8 

Go straight to  -  developers@myob.com   

This gets you directly into the API developers front door and they will answer you with 48 hrs - but most often sooner. I have used this numerous times and their answers are great.

From the forum you need to wait for someone from the API team to see it and answer.

API questions are pretty narrow scope and there are few on the forum that can answer them - though interestingly the knowledge is growing.

Unfortunately - API knowledge is very broad in that the use of the API allows you to use a number of different programming languages to achieve the same end - or the MYOB SDK written in VB or VC# - and depending on which language you use depends on how the API behaves.

I started with the MYOB SDK - got the VB.NET version going - had no success with the VC# language, probably because my C# skills were very limited then and eventually started from the ground up and developed my own using MSAccess VBA - and this system works 100% perfectly.

So hopefully you will get your answer quickly.

I would help further if I could but as explained above you need to get into a specific language and that has its own quirks.

The Doc