Forum Discussion

Raff
Contributing Partner
7 days ago

App encountering validation error

I'm using the myob.accountight.sdk in my app to connect and extract data from the MYOB database, however this evening I'm encountering the error:-

"Encountered a validation error

(https://secure.myob.com/oauth2/v1/authorize)"

Is MYOB encountering issues or has something changed (this afternoon) on the server side to cause the app to error?

thanks

19 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi all, our apps have also been affected by this issue, and for some reason I have not been receiving these posts, even though I thought I had previously applied the forum tick box.

After making changes in our app around the authorisation code, we receive an "invalid grant" error, which has been overcome by basically re-authorising. However, this  solution is not working for everyone. We will try the suggested fix above and advise further.

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

After making further changes in our app to handle what may be a change in the response content, our app is now working correctly. All of our clients will probably need the upgrade.

• We're seeing a lot of issues relating to this as well - started around 6:30pm on 7th August but escalated today as customers on our apps are processing payroll.  Started off returning a large number of "invalid_grant" errors, and as customers have re-authenticated we've started seeing "The supplied OAuth token (Bearer) is not valid" instead.  

We're investigating app code changes to try and mitigate this/determine any latent issues in our authentication.  tanvir are there any further updates on why this has started happening recently/what changes are occurring in the identity services?