Forum Discussion

nic-acc-addons1
Experienced User
6 years ago

Need to identify the currency of the data file

We've recently got the custom requirement to identify the currency of the data file so that we know what currencies the transactions are posted in with and without multi-currency turned on.

I thought that maybe the following endpoints would provide this information

/

/Company/

/Company/Preferences/

/GeneralLedger/Currency

Unfortunately the best we can find is the REGION of the data file.

Is there plans to update one of the endpoints above to include what currency the data file is in ?

• Hi nic-acc-addons1 , in v19.x you could set any currency as your base currency, but at the moment (v2019.2.1) only the AUD and NZD can be base currencies in their respective country files, so if you know the country, you know the currency. This might change in the future I suppose, but it holds for now. I hope I have interpreted your question correctly. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi nic-acc-addons1 , in v19.x you could set any currency as your base currency, but at the moment (v2019.2.1) only the AUD and NZD can be base currencies in their respective country files, so if you know the country, you know the currency. This might change in the future I suppose, but it holds for now. I hope I have interpreted your question correctly.