Forum Discussion

McCarthy1
Experienced User
6 years ago
Solved

Foreign currency

Hi

I have 2 currencies and would like to be able to view my Accounts Receivable Report in their correct currency. At the moment they are all showing in the main currency although I have created them in their own currency

• Hi  , in 2019.2 you can run the Receivables & Payables Reconciliation Summary reports, and filter those two by currency, and tick the option to display ageing in originating currency. At the moment the detailed versions of those two reports do not have these options. I'm hoping to see them in the next release, but that won't be until August. A statement in foreign currency can't be produced either. 

The API endpoint for item and service invoices includes "BalanceDueAmountForeign". For a file in a local library, there are ways to extract this data using Excel, and it could then be grouped by month and summarised in a pivot table.

Note that there is no foreign currency receivable account in the GL, as there used to be, so the f/c receivables reports can only be reconciled in your home currency.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner
    Hi  , in 2019.2 you can run the Receivables & Payables Reconciliation Summary reports, and filter those two by currency, and tick the option to display ageing in originating currency. At the moment the detailed versions of those two reports do not have these options. I'm hoping to see them in the next release, but that won't be until August. A statement in foreign currency can't be produced either. 

The API endpoint for item and service invoices includes "BalanceDueAmountForeign". For a file in a local library, there are ways to extract this data using Excel, and it could then be grouped by month and summarised in a pivot table.

Note that there is no foreign currency receivable account in the GL, as there used to be, so the f/c receivables reports can only be reconciled in your home currency.
      McCarthy1
      Experienced User

Thanks for that Mike.

I have tried and can't find a filter in the Summary Report to filter by currency

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi McCarthy1 , the currency filter should be visible on the toolbar if the Filter tab is selected. (The Ageing option is to the right on the same toolbar). This applies to the AR and AP Reconciliation summary reports only.