Forum Discussion

ChloeC
User
2 years ago

MYOB Advanced No GST Reports available

Hi Community,

I am recently working on a new client who is using MYOB adanced. I notice their MYOB Advanced version does not have any GST related reports in the reports option. Does anyone know the reason?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • We have been using advanced for over 6 months now and there is a tax report that covers BAS calculations unders TAXES in the menu, however its nowhere near as good as the Accountright BAS reporting and ours was quite inaccurate due to the setup.  We are working on fixing this with the company that installed the product as it looks like it wasn't originally set up correctly. 

Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ChloeC ,

As Advanced is so configurable, I recommend checking with:

1) The site super-user.  They may have set the permissions up in this way.

2) The site super user get in touch with their support partner if they need extra information.

There definitely are default GST reports & Inquiries that I would expect to be available, usually under the Taxes section.

From a technical side, the issue will be one of:

1) The user logging in doesn't have the right access rights. (User/Role/Branch/Restriction Groups)

2) The user logging in doesn't have the right role. (Some roles are restricted from tax information as part of license restrictions)

3) The menu has been customised to remove the options.

The thing I've seen go wrong most commonly is:

1. Once you permit/block 1 user type from accessing a screen, you need to make sure you explcitily set permissions for that function, because as soon as someone has a custom permission the default permission is treated as No access.