Forum Discussion

9 months ago

Best Price Method or Advanced Pricing

Just wondering if anyone has come accross any good solutions for improving MYOB Advanced Pricing Mechanisms. While there are Sales Prices by Customer / Customer Price Class, if we add a promotional base price that is lower, the customer still gets their set price. Other systems have a "Best Price" Methodology. We would also ideally have some pricing rules that allow us to setup Cost + Markup's etc that are calculated on the fly.

I've had a look at this ISV which looks interesting but wondering if anyone has had any experience with it?

Rockton Pricing Management - Marketplace | Acumatica Cloud ERP

Thanks In Advance!

2 Replies

Brendan_Shepperd
    Experienced Partner

Hi Tom,

I found this article in Tim Rodman's Augforums.com a while back, it might be worth investigating? 

https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/set-customer-pricing-based-on-cost/ 

Gabrielle from Velixo mentions a few things in ther about changing price calculations:
    For anyone looking to customize/extend the sales price calculation process, ARSalesPriceMaint is the graph that needs to be extended, and CalculateSalesPrice is the function that deals with price calc -- it could be modified to look at last cost or standard cost + a configurable markup instead.

Cheers B

tomh_endeavour
      Partner

Hi thanks for the response Brendan, I came accross that article as well but hadn't come accross the velixo one - thanks for that!