Forum Discussion

Karen_Steyn
Contributing Partner
11 months ago
Solved

Bulk Generation of Employee Time Cards

I have a client using a 3rd party application to record time, which is imported into MYOB Advanced as Time Activities and this is working well.

They are implementing Payroll now and need to have Employee Time Cards generated so that time can be imported into Payroll. Has anyone found a way to generate Employee Time Cards in bulk? The only way I can find is to create them manually for each employee or to use Generate Time Cards from the Employee record, which only works if the employee has a login. 

• Have you considered creating a GI with necessary fields and joining it to all Employees. Using this data then creating an Import scenario which end user can use to bulk generate Timecards. Not fully automated but will allow one place to create Timecards. Using the Show on UI options in the Import Scenario you can also make it easier for end access this Import scenario and add that to a workspace.

6 Replies

• Hi

So yes I have done this using a business event / automation schedule that runs once a week. 

First ask Myob to attach "admin" user to an employee that you create for this purpose.  I normally add an employee coded ZZADMIN and email address is our support desk.

Then add this employee high up in the company tree above all other employees so they can add timecards.

Next you add an import scearnio based on a generic inquiry for the employees that you require.

Attached is an Import scenario and the generic inquiry that should help you.

• We import to Time Sheet (not time Card)  when using time clock data.   This though does not link to project time and Expenses.  

We are currently looking at creating an import scenario for time cards for another client   but were hopeful that maybe it had already been done in the MYOB Partner community and are willing to share. as the time cards need to be 'approved'.

LeanneB_Horizon
      Trusted Partner

LouiseMulqueen On this, you should import as time activities as you can link that to project/ task and time, and that flows to the timecard

Karen_Steyn
        Contributing Partner

Thanks so much for sharing your generic inquiry and import scenario. The site currently imports time from a third party app as time activities, so all good on that front. 

• Have you considered creating a GI with necessary fields and joining it to all Employees. Using this data then creating an Import scenario which end user can use to bulk generate Timecards. Not fully automated but will allow one place to create Timecards. Using the Show on UI options in the Import Scenario you can also make it easier for end access this Import scenario and add that to a workspace.
      Karen_Steyn
      Contributing Partner

Thank for the input Ilesh. Yes, I had thought of a GI, was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and what their solutions were.