Forum Discussion

Veena
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Duplicate Employee Card

I took over this client in January. An employee had been employed for one pay cycle back in July 2022 (only $150 paid), then was made 'inactive'. He was re-employed in March 2023. I missed the fact he was already in the system and set him up with a new record. My issue is as employee cards cannot be combined, how do I proceed to add the $150 back in July to his current records?

• Hi Veena 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Employee cards cannot be combined in AccountRight. The best recommendation for this is to remove the $150 on the old card file and re-enter it on the new card file. To zero out the amount on the old card file Go to Card file>>Card List>>Employee>>click the Name of the Employee>>Pay History>> remove the $150. After you removed the amount on the old card file, add it to the new card file by doing the same process by going to history and adding the $150 to the employee's current record. 

Or the other option is, since the old card file is inactive you can activate the old card file and start from there, however, if you do this process, the employee will have an incorrect balance on the entitlements since the employee's card file will be reinstated.

Please let me know how you go, And let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Veena 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Employee cards cannot be combined in AccountRight. The best recommendation for this is to remove the $150 on the old card file and re-enter it on the new card file. To zero out the amount on the old card file Go to Card file>>Card List>>Employee>>click the Name of the Employee>>Pay History>> remove the $150. After you removed the amount on the old card file, add it to the new card file by doing the same process by going to history and adding the $150 to the employee's current record. 

Or the other option is, since the old card file is inactive you can activate the old card file and start from there, however, if you do this process, the employee will have an incorrect balance on the entitlements since the employee's card file will be reinstated.

Please let me know how you go, And let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

Veena
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks very much! Simple, easy solution.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Veena 

Happy to know that the issue was already resolved. Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist you further. 

Cheers, 

Cel