Forum Discussion

JennyForward
Contributing Partner
10 months ago

Portable LSL

Hi all,

Wondering how you have managed to handle Portable LSL in Advanced Payroll?

Any amazing workaround to get this to calculate and process without a manual solution?

Thanks,

Jenny

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KathyDavis
    Experienced Partner

Hi JennyForward ,

create another LSL entitlement, set it up as so that it is valued with different pay rate that is always valued as $0. Some clients actually have one for each state that it is held with.

As an alternative, have attributes set up for Portable LSL True/False and the specific state it is with.

JennyForward
      Contributing Partner

Hi Earl, I did have a look at that link when I was searching out information for setting this up.  Unfortunately, that link is for AccountRight, not Advanced. 

MYOB have confirmed that there is no functionality available for Portable LSL in Advanced.

I'm also not sure Kathy how I can get the amounts for the Portable LSL to report to the Authoriity if the amounts are only sitting in Payroll.  I feel that those figures need to be in AP, or at least the GL, to pay the Authority, but I can't see how I can calculate that from Payroll.

Thanks,

Jenny.

KathyDavis
        Experienced Partner

HI JennyForward 

IF you use the attributes against the employees, then you can add these to a generic inquiry like Pay Activity Data Detail, from that you can then filter the staff you require, and filter the pay items that need (OTE) to be included in the report. This can then be pulled into a pivot to summarise.
        From there you have the info for an AP bill, with supporting documentation.