Forum Discussion

Jaybee
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago

LSL

Hello,

Wondering if someone can help with the following.

I have set up LSL category working on a monthly % for the accrual.  However when processing the pay there is no accrual for the LSL appearing.  When I check manually it seems to be calculating the % incorrectly also.

Look forward to getting some advice.  I have attached examples, thanks.

4 Replies

• Hi Jaybee 

You have set the calc rate at 1.666% of Gross Hours, however the employee seems to be paid a salary rather than an hourly amount. You will need to change one or the other - see Support section for instructions for setting up leave for salaried employees.

Regards

Gavin

Jaybee
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Gavin,

I have read a lot of help/solutions and I was lead to believe that even if employees are salary based hourly had to be ticked.  

Jaybee

Jaybee
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Gavin,

Any further thoughts?

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jaybee

Thanks for posting, 

What gavin12345 was suggesting is that you should review the entitlement category for the Long Service Leave (LSL). It appears that it may not be set to accrue correctly. Typically, for non-hourly employees, the accrual should be a fixed amount for each period, not based on a percentage of hours worked.

You can adjust this by navigating to Payroll > Payroll Categories > Entitlements. Then, click on the blue arrow next to the entitlement in question to edit the calculation basis.

If you need further assistance with this, feel free to send a screenshot of how the entitlement is currently set.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve