Forum Discussion

ITWorx_NZ
Trusted User
6 years ago
Solved

Can't Print to PDF After Upgrading AO Classic

Hello, all.

I have a client who suddenly cannot print to PDF after updating AO Classic to 22.0.0. He gets the "Printer not activated, error cade -41" when trying to print.

Well, reinstall the PDF driver from the install files as detailed here, right? Did that, three times. Each time, it works for a few hours, then stops with the same problem, again. I even reinstalled AO, same thing.

He is running AO on a Windows 10 64-bit machine, but it's only him, in the entire company. Everyone else is working fine.

Help?

Mark_St
    6 years ago

Hi ITWorx_NZ

I'll get you to try something a bit different.

Rename the folder PDFWriter within the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Accountants Office.

Attached to the article link: http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/hAV3AQ is a zip file PDFWriter.zip.  Extract the folder PDFWriter to the Accountants Office folder.

Remove the Amyuni printer driver version 600.

In the folder PDFWriter which has been copied across run the file install.exe. This will install printer driver version 450. By running this file there is no need to run register.bat.

You may need to rename the Amyuni Document converter to MYOB AO PDF Generator.

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Thank you for your post ITWorkx_NZ.

The printer driver version of MYOB AO PDF Generator changed to Amyuni printer driver version 600.

As you have installed printer driver version 450, it should still be installed.

This may need to be changed. To do this, under Control Panel, select devices and printers.

In there right click on MYOB AO PDF Generator and select Printer Properties.

Under Advanced, check the printer driver. This needs to be Amyuni version 450.

• Thank you for your post ITWorkx_NZ.

The printer driver version of MYOB AO PDF Generator changed to Amyuni printer driver version 600.

As you have installed printer driver version 450, it should still be installed.

This may need to be changed. To do this, under Control Panel, select devices and printers.

In there right click on MYOB AO PDF Generator and select Printer Properties.

Under Advanced, check the printer driver. This needs to be Amyuni version 450.

ITWorx_NZ
      Trusted User
      Hi, Mark. Yes, I did this. Made no difference. Works for a couple of hours, then stops with the same error. Next?
        Mark_St
        MYOB Staff

Hi IT_Worx_NZ,

From within Device and Printer, open the printer properties for the MYOB AO PDF Generator.

From the Advanced tab, remove all printer drivers, except version 450.

From within the Accountants Office folder in Windows Explorer, run register.bat.

If you need to remove Amyuni printer driver 450, you will need to re install it (article 32962 from the my.myob website has a copy of this driver version attached) and run the register.bat file, from within the Program Files(x86)\Accountants Office folder.