Forum Discussion

Sidd123456
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

Import of Bank account

Hi All

When i am importing a bank statement, it is showing error again and again.

I am importing the statement as follow-

1. I have selected spend money under File type and choose the OFX file to upload
2. In format tab i made no changes
3. In Match field, i drag the file in Cheque account, Allocation account, Ex-tax amount and Inc-tax amount
4. After clicking on import it is showing error as attached- showing invalid account number and i have also attached the file which i want to import

Komal_S
    5 years ago

Hi Sidd123456 

For multiple spend money transactions to import successfully, you need to ensure that there is a blank line in excel after each spend money transaction as shown in the image :

The screenshot you have provided does not have any blank lines to separate multiple spend money transactions, due to which the software treats it as one spend money transaction resulting into "Unbalanced transaction" error.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Sidd123456 

As that error relates to an Invalid Account Number I would recommend checking that the accounts are in the AccountRight Accounts List. I would also check that they are Detail accounts and are active. You can also try removing the hyphen so the format is xxxxx instead of x-xxxx.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Sidd123456
      Contributing User

Hi Tracey

Thank you for your reply.

I have done the same as you said but it is still showing the same error.

Second reason for such error may be due to Match field, in match field it is not auto matching with the fields showing as star (*), see attached screeshot for your reference.

Kind check the same and request you to suggest so that i can import the statement as our working is affecting so much.

Thanks

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi Sidd123456 

Thank you very much for the additional screenshot, it's very helpful.

This screenshot shows that AccountRight is unable to identify the format of the import file, therefore it's treating all import information to be a single field. When all the data is matched to the single 'Cheque Account' field, it will not be a valid account number.

In order to import this account information, the import file needs to be a text file, so please save the content as a .txt file first. Then, since you are importing into the new AccountRight (v201x.x), a specific format is required so the corresponding 'Available fields' list is used. Please edit the text file and add {} in front of the content:

Then please try importing again. Here is an example of correct matching:

For future reference, whenever you encounter an import error or unsure of the import file format, the best way to start is exporting the same type of data from the version of AccountRight you are using. You can then open the exported file in Excel to compare its format and data with your import file, or simply use it as a template. Save the result back to .txt file for importing. 

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.