Forum Discussion

MayRahim
Trusted Cover User
7 days ago

Matching a debit and credit in bank feeds

I paid a customer with closed bank account which Westpac declined. I then correct the customer bank account and paid them.  I have ended up with a debit and credit for the amount in my bank feed (from the declined transaction) plus the proper transaction.  How do I deal with this in my bank feed.

• Hi MayRahim,

The process of handling bounced back payments are a little different in MYOB Business. The steps outlined in the linked thread does not have a browser equivalent. This means that you will need to delete payment instead of reversing it. This will however, leave the debit and credit bank feed unallocated. You can either leave those bank transactions unallocated or allocate them to spend/receive money transactions. 

Let us know if you need further help with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MayRahim,

Seems like you've run into a bit of a tricky situation with matching a debit and credit in your bank feeds due to a declined transaction and a subsequent correct payment. I found a thread that offers a solution on handling unmatched transactions and provides the guidance you need. You can check it out here

Cheers,

Princess

MayRahim
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you, I found this thread too before except it was for MYOB accountright, I'm using MYOB essential and I don't have the same steps/info or how to do it, so I was hopping someone can help me with how to do it.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MayRahim,

The process of handling bounced back payments are a little different in MYOB Business. The steps outlined in the linked thread does not have a browser equivalent. This means that you will need to delete payment instead of reversing it. This will however, leave the debit and credit bank feed unallocated. You can either leave those bank transactions unallocated or allocate them to spend/receive money transactions. 

Let us know if you need further help with this. 

Thanks,
        Genreve