Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

QIF Format for importing statements

My question is around QIF imports into various MYOB products - MYOB business and then also the MYOB AE ledger. So far I have been able to find the format to convert my data to and that is as follows;

!Type:Bank

D - <data>

T - <Amount>

N - <currently unknown to me but works if left blank>

P - Description

^

Does anyone know what the N is used for the in MYOB accepted QIF format?

And secondly, is there anyway that I can add to this to also quantities, account codes and GST codes so I can allocate directly from the QIF import?

Thanks

Aaron

• Hi AaronCo 

I have attached an image showing the meanng of all fields. 

With regards to your second query, it's not possible to add those fields directly to the QIF file. Please feel free to post if you have more questions on this. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AaronCo 

I have attached an image showing the meanng of all fields. 

With regards to your second query, it's not possible to add those fields directly to the QIF file. Please feel free to post if you have more questions on this. 

AaronCo
      User

Aweosme, thanks. Is that from a publicaly avaiable document by any chance? It has been difficult finding useful information on the matter. 

Cheers

Aaron

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AaronCo 

QIF is a common file format shared by a number of different programs and systems. If you need further information that format there are a number of different external articles on it. As an example, detailed information on the QIF file format can be found on the publicly available QIF format wikipedia page