Forum Discussion

anneragg
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

splitting a transaction in Bank register

I am using Accountright Standard 2022.2 and the "Split " function on the Bank Register page is no longer working.

• Hi anneragg 

Just wanted to check in and see if you've been able to resolve this. As mentioned by Lisa ( LRBooks61 ) the Split button in the Bank Register window is a shortcut to open the Spend money window. In situations where a window doesn't appear to be opening the first thing I'd try is clicking on Window>>Tile or Cascade. In the majority of these cases the window is opening but is hidden.

The other thing to check is that the window hasn't been minimised.

If you're still having problems please let me know.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

I just went into my accountright and the bank register has the split button but basically opens up spend money

If the button isn't working on your AR I would suggest you just enter your transaction through spend money

Its a wok around and not a solution sorry but I hope it helps

Lisa

anneragg
      Experienced User

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I already tried that and it didnt bring up the "Spend Money" window either. I have another Company running in the program, and that one works ok. Its still a mystery

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Completely weird indeed...............next week it may be back up and working 

Lisa

anneragg
    Experienced User

anneragg wrote:

I am using Accountright Standard 2022.2 and the "Split " function on the Bank Register page is no longer working.

Also I find that I cannot bring up a transaction that is already in the bank register to edit it. Im only 2c out but it needs to change, I cannot delete it and I cannot edit it! AHHHH!!!!!

LRBooks61
      Ultimate Cover User

Just check if it has been ticked in the reconcile screen - if it is untick and then you might be able to do your adjustment

Lisa

anneragg
        Experienced User

No I had not reconciled it, but that gave me a idea to get the bank feed and from there I was able to get back to the Spend Money module and adjust the amount before reconciling. The original problem still exits but at least  I have been able to sort that one problem