Forum Discussion

Domcar
User
5 years ago
Solved

Error -274: The combination of Quantity, Unit Cost and Amounts values is invalid.

Hi there

I have recently purchased a business that has been unit MYOB for 11yrs

We exported his myob file, created a new fresh file for my company and imported the data.

The issue was the 3900 inventory items came across with no qty on hand or dollar value forvalue on hand

After spending ages on the phone with support staff I was told I can not import these fields so I spent half the day manually entering the stock qty via the count stock window.

I have been having a play with importing and exporting inventory adjustments

It seems that I can import stock values via this method.

If I import them 1 at a time it works, but when I try and import multiple qtys I get this error

Error -274: The combination of Quantity, Unit Cost and Amounts values is invalid.

I have zero value for all of my stock items now and most of them have a positive qty on hand.

I have attached a sample of the txt file I am trying to import which gives me this error.

I would be so grateful if someone can let me know why I am getting this error so I can import the 3800 lines without having to do this manually line at a time.

The file INADJ.TXT imports fine with no errors

INADJ66.TXT gives the error as per the log

Thanks in advance

richard

• Hello Domcar 

Thanks for your post.

After testing with your examples I was able to replicate your error. 

AccountRight will flag this error when you are attempting to enter a journal adjustment with zero$ Amount Quantity and Unit cost.  By contrast if these fields have a non-zero amount it should allow this entry. 

The conflict is that it is an inventory adjustment that has no adjustment made.  While you can EXPORT these from AccountRight, it does not allow you to IMPORT these void entries.  You can test this by creating a zero adjustment and exporting that entry, and attempt to import it.

Removing these entries (see file attached) I was able to successfully import the data.  Note that you may need to have qty on hand first, or you will throw a different error.

If this has helped understand the issue better kindly consider marking this post as a solution to help others that may be looking for answers.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Domcar , I wonder if the result would be different if the multi-line file had the same column layout as the single-line file?

Domcar
      User

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply

Tried it with the same format get the same error :(

I would have spent several hours mucking around with it now, I hope MYOB support can shed some light?

Andrew_Y
        Former Staff

Hello Domcar 

Thanks for your post.

After testing with your examples I was able to replicate your error. 

AccountRight will flag this error when you are attempting to enter a journal adjustment with zero$ Amount Quantity and Unit cost.  By contrast if these fields have a non-zero amount it should allow this entry. 

The conflict is that it is an inventory adjustment that has no adjustment made.  While you can EXPORT these from AccountRight, it does not allow you to IMPORT these void entries.  You can test this by creating a zero adjustment and exporting that entry, and attempt to import it.

Removing these entries (see file attached) I was able to successfully import the data.  Note that you may need to have qty on hand first, or you will throw a different error.

If this has helped understand the issue better kindly consider marking this post as a solution to help others that may be looking for answers.