Forum Discussion

RFD
User
3 years ago

Import Journal template - MYOB premier

Hi all,

Im a new MYOB user trying to transition a general ledger from an existing accounting system. I require assistance for a general ledger transaction import. I have pulled together the attached transaction journal import and Im getting the below errors. My system is not allowing me to access the sample company template. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and save me a lot of time.

Error -12: Transactions dated before your conversion date may not be imported. This is one I can fix
Error -15: Account number not found in list of postable accounts. Potentially format related in excel
Error -19: Unbalanced transaction. TBC. Accounts are grouped per GL extract.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi RFD 

Many importing issues can be resolved by first manually entering several GJ's of the type you want to import. Export these. Then use the export template as a guide for your import file. MYOB can be finicky so follow export as closely as possible.

Regards

Gavin

sc_spl
      User

Hi Gavin,

I am trying to create a GJ import template using the export of similar journal already recorded as per your advice. Looks like the GJ number field is a system controlled, should i leave this field  blank as this is a new GJ?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi sc_spl 

Yes if you want MYOB to use the next number in the order, leave this blank. If you want MYOB to use a specific reference as the ID you can eneter your own ID.

Regards

Gavin