Forum Discussion

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
6 days ago

Importing Customer Card but lost transaction history

Hi MYOB,

After unexpectedly 'losing' a Customer Card, I imported Cards from a backup file but find that although the customer card has been restored, there is no transaction history.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks

Keith

• Hi Keith_W

I understand you're seeking help to restore the transaction history for a customer card. Normally, transaction history cannot be restored using customer card imports, as the data in that window is derived from transactions linked to the customer card. It's likely that when you imported the new customer card, it created a new one while the transaction history remains part of the old card. You can check if the previous customer card has been inactivated, as this will prevent it from appearing. Alternatively, you can restore a backup from a time when the customer's card hadn't been lost.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Regards, 

Genreve

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Keith_W

I understand you're seeking help to restore the transaction history for a customer card. Normally, transaction history cannot be restored using customer card imports, as the data in that window is derived from transactions linked to the customer card. It's likely that when you imported the new customer card, it created a new one while the transaction history remains part of the old card. You can check if the previous customer card has been inactivated, as this will prevent it from appearing. Alternatively, you can restore a backup from a time when the customer's card hadn't been lost.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Regards, 

Genreve