Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Trouble Importing General Journals

Hello,

We have just moved over to the new Account Right (been using one from 2005!), but our CSV document hasn't been able to be imported.

For some reason the tax codes and account numbers are changed in the import, so it can't balance. Could someone take a quick look and explain why this might be?

The attachment has been alterred slightly to not have any confidential information, but generates the same errors.

Thank you very much.

• Hi SydTrain1 

Welcome to the Community Forum!!

The issues might be related to the formatting of the import file that you've attached as it has some field values entered incorrectly. As an example, the value in the GST/BAS  reporting field should be either S, P, or left blank and your file has "X" in that column. This help article has the explanation for every field in the General Journal import:  Import and export fields.

I've also attached a sample import file for your reference that works in the latest version, can you please copy your import data in that and confirm if you're still getting the same issues.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SydTrain1 

Welcome to the Community Forum!!

The issues might be related to the formatting of the import file that you've attached as it has some field values entered incorrectly. As an example, the value in the GST/BAS  reporting field should be either S, P, or left blank and your file has "X" in that column. This help article has the explanation for every field in the General Journal import:  Import and export fields.

I've also attached a sample import file for your reference that works in the latest version, can you please copy your import data in that and confirm if you're still getting the same issues.

SydTrain1
      User

Thank you very much Komal.

In the last 24 hours I've researched this and found out that the current MYOB Account Right is very different to my version I used from 2005. Many of the headings have changed, and as you pointed out some values are incorrect / obselete.

I have updated the CSV file with new headings and have managed to get it to work.

Appreciate your quick response and the resources below, I'll definitely have a read of it.

Regards,