Forum Discussion

dctung
Contributing User
17 days ago

Can't retrieve activity statements from ATO

I've recently switched from the desk top of version of account right to MYOB My Business. 

I have attempted to lodge my BAS online (no payroll) and it comes up with the following error and was wondering how I resolve this? 

We can’t retrieve your activity statements from the ATO.

Check and update your hosted SBR Software ID through Access Manager or by phoning the ATO.
If you contact the ATO, quote this code: SBR.GEN.AUTH.008

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi dctung,

Since you've switched from AccountRight to MYOB Business, you'll need to update the ATO with your SBR Software ID. You can do this through the ATO's Access Manager by going to the STP ATO settings. For more details, please check out this article. Once your software ID is updated, you'll be able to successfully retrieve your activity statements from the ATO.

Cheers,

Princess

dctung
      Contributing User

Thank you for that Princess.

The instructions mention doing this through the Payroll tab, however this is to retrieve the BAS statements, not for STP and this particular entity does not have a payroll associated. When I clicked on the payroll menu and choose STP set up, it comes up with an error msg 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hey dctung,

You can fix the error SBR.GEN.AUTH.008 by logging into ATO's Access Manager or by phoning the ATO to update your hosted SBR Software ID. if you're still having issues, you can reach out to our support team directly via our virtual assistant, MOCA or submit a support case via My Account.

Best regards,

Doreen