Forum Discussion

Jeffrey1
Experienced User
25 days ago

Duplicate bank deposits happening today

Hello.

I notice today that 3 bank deposits are duplicated and have automatically credited to the debtors account.

This has never happened before. Does anyone have any ideas?

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jeffrey1,

Duplicate deposits can be a bit tricky to handle. This issue can stem from several factors. Sometimes, duplicate transactions happen because of problems with bank feeds. It's worth checking if the same bank account is linked more than once or if there was a manual import of bank statements that might have caused the duplication. If you find duplicates, you'll need to manually delete them. Just be careful to ensure you're deleting the duplicate transactions and not the original ones to avoid any further complications.

Cheers,

Princess

Jeffrey1
      Experienced User

For the third week in a row MYOB has taken the 3 same debtors and posted them twice to their debtors accounts with no input from me. On each occassion I have had to manually delete these transactions. Why do they keep happening there is obvioulsy a bug in the system. See screen shot below . This is now the 3rd week in  a row this has happended.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jeffrey1,

Thanks a bunch for the screenshot, but it's a bit tricky to pinpoint the exact cause with just this info. To get to the bottom of this, we need to dig a little deeper. Please reach out to our support team; you can reach them on live chat via the virtual assistant MOCA or raise a support ticket through My Account.

In the meantime, here are a few things you can check to help our team diagnose the issue more effectively:

• Double-check if there are any recurring transactions that might be causing the duplication.
        • Look at the reference numbers of the invoice payments to see where these payments are being recorded.
        • Review the journal security audit report to spot any transaction changes or edits that could explain the duplications.

Cheers,

Princess