Forum Discussion

jay15
Contributing User
10 months ago
Solved

MYOB Business: Bank Rule Matching not always working

Hi I have set up a number of bank rules in MYOB Business.  Some work most of the time, but there are a few regular ones that wont trigger a match.

If I go into the rule setting (and dont change anything) but just click "save" again, then it will trigger the rule.

Any ideas why the rule wont trigger unless I re-save it?

Thanks

• Hi jay15

Thank your for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. 

I understand that this is frustrating on your end and that you always need to re-save each rule. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. However, by default, MYOB Essentials will auto-match a transaction if there is one exact match available. You might want to turn this off if you have a lot of transactions for the same amount, or if you find transactions often incorrectly auto matched.   

You can check on this Help Article: Managing Rules for more information. 

If you need further assistance with this, feel free to post again. We're happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jay15

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! Can I please confirm if this happens when you're accessing the AccountRight browser version ? If so our teams have found that if a bank feed rule has been created in the desktop version of the AccountRight file and then accessed in the browser version, if the tax code is set to (default) in the desktop, in the browser version it is missing the tax code. This is currently under investigation by our teams, currently the workaround is to edit the bank feed rule in AccountRight in browser and add the missing tax code. 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.
    Regards,
    Earl

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jay15

Thank your for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. 

I understand that this is frustrating on your end and that you always need to re-save each rule. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. However, by default, MYOB Essentials will auto-match a transaction if there is one exact match available. You might want to turn this off if you have a lot of transactions for the same amount, or if you find transactions often incorrectly auto matched.   

You can check on this Help Article: Managing Rules for more information. 

If you need further assistance with this, feel free to post again. We're happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel