Forum Discussion

kazziekaz1
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Reconciling bank account

Hi, I am showing that I am out of balance by $75. This has never happened. Everything balances. All reports are balancing. Any ideas of what can be happening? Thanks

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      kazziekaz1
      Contributing Cover User

Closing bank statement matches calculated bank statement. Not sure how it can be out $75 when everything matches.

• Hi kazziekaz1 

Thanks for your post. In that screenshot the Closing bank statement balance and the Calculated closing balance are different which is causing the out of balance. If the closing balance on the bank statement is $58620.40, type that figure into the Closing bank statement balance field and it should balance.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

kazziekaz1
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Tracey for your reply. The closing bank statement balance is $58620.40 the same as the calculated bank balance. I have done what you having said and it still says I am out $75. 

I have tried everything. I have never been out before in 20 years of doing it. I am stumped. Any other help you can give?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi kazziekaz1 

Can you type $58620.40 into the Closing bank statement balance field and send me a screenshot.