Forum Discussion

HR11
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Splitting a payment

Hi. Our client pays us for contract work (coded as such) and also for the odd invoice. They roll the payment all together. If I use 'Take payment' the amount received changes to that of the outstanding invoice, not the amount received! Should I use 'Enter payment' from the cheque account (as this is where the money goes in both circumstances)? If I do that the amount in bank feeds stays the original amount?

• Hi HR11 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. You could manually record the Take payments transaction by going to Sales>>Take payment and entering the invoice amount being paid. Then record a Receive money transaction for the contract work payment.

In Bank transactions match the one bank feed transaction to the Take payment and Receive money transactions: Matching bank transactions

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi HR11 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. You could manually record the Take payments transaction by going to Sales>>Take payment and entering the invoice amount being paid. Then record a Receive money transaction for the contract work payment.

In Bank transactions match the one bank feed transaction to the Take payment and Receive money transactions: Matching bank transactions

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

HR11
      Experienced User

Thanks Tracey, next time this occurs I will give it a go.