Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Ubank bank feeds or downloading statements

Hi,

One of the bank accounts we use is with Ubank (owned by NAB).  Could you tell me when MYOB will do bank feeds for Ubank?  Ubank do allow you to download statements however it is only in CSV or PDF format.  Is there a way to upload this rather than manually entering the data?

Steven_M
    2 years ago

Hi Russell223 

If transactions are not able to be downloaded from the bank you could look at using a converter to convert the data into the appropriate format. I would recommend consulting an IT person to see about the validity of those converters.

From the MYOB perspective, if the transactions are not able to come in via bank feeds or through the import of a statement the next option would be manual entry.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Russell223 

Bank feeds would be available for the financial institutions that are listed on Find your bank and supplier feeds. This would also list the frequency of those feeds. Should your financial institute be listed you can apply for bank feeds for that in accordance with the Help Article: Setting up bank feeds.

While we do try to cater to the majority of banks and financial institutions, there are some that are not covered. If that is the case, we do recommend seeing about speaking with your Bank about the ability to download transactions in a QIF file format*. If you can download those transactions then you can use the Import statements function to import those transactions into your MYOB Business.

*Please note that most Banks will offer the ability to download the transactions and also the statements. Statements typically in a PDF format, whereas the actual transactions are in a bank file format like QIF. Do speak to your Bank to ascertain what file formats the transactions can be downloaded as.

Russell223
      User

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your message.  I have contacted Ubank and they only do downloads in PDF and CSV format.  They do have a section for data sharing on their website.  Is this able to be used or does it mean I will need to manually enter every tranaction off the bank statement? Thanks.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Russell223 

If transactions are not able to be downloaded from the bank you could look at using a converter to convert the data into the appropriate format. I would recommend consulting an IT person to see about the validity of those converters.

From the MYOB perspective, if the transactions are not able to come in via bank feeds or through the import of a statement the next option would be manual entry.