Forum Discussion

Pops
Contributing User
10 months ago

Not Registered for GST Not Working In MYOB Business Pro

I am not registered for GST and have selected that I am not registered for GST in MYOB Business Pro, Business settings > GST settings. When I go to enter my first inventory item, the tax code is set to N-T with a yellow warning that the tax code needs to be updated because I am not registered for GST (weird). However, all items are set to N-T in the chart of accounts, and when I go to enter my second item, the tax code is greyed out and set to INP. Is this a bug, or have I overlooked something?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Pops,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community forum.

If your business is not registered with GST, the default tax code that should appear will be N-T. In this case, could you please clear your browser cache or try a different browser, then try creating your inventory item again to see if you'll receive a warning with the N-T tax code? It's weird that it's creating an error and setting up a tax code when it shouldn't be. Could you please include screenshots of your GST settings, the warning message that appears when you enter your first item, and lastly, the INP code that is grayed out when you enter your second item, so I can investigate further? Please remove any sensitive information before posting it to the community forum for security purposes.

Cheers,

Princess

Pops
      Contributing User

Thank you for your response. I have tried in another browser with the complete history (cache, etc.) removed to no avail. See screenshots below -

01 - GST Settings

02 - Initial Selling 1st Item

03 - Initial Buying 1st Item

04 - Completed Selling 1st Item - Before and After Save the Same

05 - Completed Buying 1st Item - Before and After Save the Same

06 - What the Warning Says

07 - Initial Selling 2nd Item

08 - Initial Buying 2nd Item

09 - Completed Selling 2nd Item - Can't Save - See Screenshot 11 for Reason

10 - Completed Buying 2nd Item - Can't Save - See Screenshot 11 for Reason

11 - Reason Can't Save Item

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Pops,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate you providing all the needed information. I've checked the screenshots, and it seems weird. Could you try to go back to the business settings and turn on the GST settings, then change the default item tax code to N-T, then turn off GST? Then please let me know how you go along and if the issue persists after changing the GST setting to refresh and sync the information.

Cheers,

Princess