Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Switching from SMS to Authenticator app for 2FA

I currently use SMS for 2FA but this is problematic when I am overseas on a different phone number. I want to switch to an authenticator app so I can use it wherever I am. 

I found the Reset my 2FA link in my account, but when I clicked it, I was shown only my email and password fields, with no option to reset my 2FA. Can anyone help me please?

• Hi GraemeLowe 

Thank you for your post. We have already received your private message and reset your 2FA. You may now try to set up your 2FA again. 

You may  have a look on this Help Article: Set up 2FA  that has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

If you need further help with this don't hesitate to start a new post or reply to this post and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Shella_A

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi GraemeLowe 

Thanks for your post. To change the method of your 2FA, we will need reset your 2FA first so that you will be able to re-set it up to the method you would like to use. To further assist you with this, kindly send me a private message with the following details:

• Serial number
    • Name of primary contact and email address
    • Business name
    • Email address using for 2FA

Best regards,
    Doreen

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi GraemeLowe 

Thank you for your post. We have already received your private message and reset your 2FA. You may now try to set up your 2FA again. 

You may  have a look on this Help Article: Set up 2FA  that has detailed information and instructions to assist with this.

If you need further help with this don't hesitate to start a new post or reply to this post and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Shella_A