Forum Discussion

duitselectrical
Cover User
4 months ago

annual leave hours accrual

how do you change in the leave information so the calculation basis is on only the 38 hour week and not any additional hours after that? At the moment you can only select on gross hours but my understanding is you only accrue leave on the 38hours and anything after that isn't included?

thanks

3 Replies

zulka
    Contributing User

Shouldn't be the additional hours another pay item "Overtime"? If it is not overtime it will accrue leave.

duitselectrical
      Cover User

The problem is we pay well above award at a flat rate, so say the employee does 40 hours generally a week he just gets the same rate for the extra two hours. So its never been marked as overtime.

Is there any way the calculation for leave can be set so its just calculated on 38 hours per week? Instead of having to create more pay items for over time 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi duitselectrical

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. Apologies for the delayed response

I understand how the feature you're suggesting could be beneficial for your specific use case. Regrettably, the current design of the application doesn't include this option. The system is designed to calculate leave based on the standard hours an employee works in a week, with any additional hours considered as overtime. As you've noted, creating a new pay item for overtime is the alternative we have currently.

Your feedback is valuable, and I encourage you to share this suggestion on our Ideas Exchange board. This platform is regularly reviewed by our development team and helps shape future updates.

Should you need further assistance or have other inquiries, please feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks,
        Genreve