Forum Discussion

11 days ago

Location feature

Hi 

We are looking into the option of upgrading to Premiere for the LOCATION feature.

Before that I need to confirm the below options are possible .

We have only one warehouse but around 100 rack locations .

For example A1A1, A1A2,A1B1, A1B2 and so on. Each location will have a pallet and each pallet will sometimes store multiple items. Is that possible ?

How many such locations can be created ? Is there a limit ?

Thanks

Ajay

4 Replies

• Hi Gavin

Thanks for your additional information.

Currently we have an external Excel sheet where we enter the stock and locations, but its an additional job. I thought Locations in MYOB can eliminate the Excel sheet.

Also does MYOB have the facility  to issue stock before invoicing ? Since  we are project based we have to wait until the the project is completed to do the invoice. This doesn't reflect the live inventory .

Thanks

Ajay

• Hi Ajayjustus 

I personally would advise against this. If you want to know where goods are stored, do this outside MYOB.

Locations are really for warehouse locations, eg Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne etc, not for bays or bins etc.

The concept will work, however MYOB's Location feature is still a 'work in progress' even though MYOB themselves have stopped making progress. Common complaint on the forum is the lack of item movement reports, the errors in item register reports etc.

Adding Locations will add an additional step to every invoice line - you will now need to specify a Location for every line item, these do not pre-fill to a default. Also you will not be able to sell an Item, unless according to MYOB there is stock 'in that location' when it might in fact be in the bay next to it.

So tread carefully and as suggested by Ron_T use a local test copy of your MYOB to test and experiment before committing. Once you add a location, and use it in a transaction, you are committed.

Regards

Gavin

• Hi Ajayjustus , according to MYOB Plans and Pricing, you can set up an unlimited number of locations for inventory in AccountRight Premier: https://www.myob.com/au/pricing - so I think you should be good to set up multiple pallets. 

If you want to have a play with locations before committing to the upgrade, you can do this in an AccountRight Premier sample file. This help topic also explains how to set locations up: https://www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/inventory/multiple-inventory-locations 

Regards,

Ron