Forum Discussion

SonjaDeveson
Contributing Cover User
2 months ago

Super setup: SG versus set amount weekly

Under our Enterprise agreement, we are required to pay a set amount of superannuation each week which has always exceeded the SG.

With our new agreement, we are required to pay the SG of 11.5 % but a fixed minimum weekly amount still applies.

On an occasional basis, the SG will exceed the minimum set amount for a few employees due to Allowances.  How do I set this up to be automatically calculated in payroll?

3 Replies

SonjaDeveson
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Isaiah, I may not have explained my issue properly.

We must pay a minimum amount under our EBA which usually exceeds the 11.5% SG.  So our payroll  has the Super payment calculation basis option as a set amount each week.

Occasionally, the 11.5% will exceed the set amount depending on allowances.  Im sure sure how to set up the payroll so that the percentage calculation overides the set amount in that instance? 

It looks like the Super can be set up so a limit applies to the amount of super calculated but not a minimum amount to be paid.

Is there a way to set up the super calculation so a minimum amount is paid based on whatever is greater out of the set amount or 11.5%?

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SonjaDeveson,

Thank you for the reply. Currently, it only allows you to set a limit on the maximum amount of superannuation to be calculated, but there isn't an option to set a minimum amount that overrides the percentage calculation.

We understand that this feature would be beneficial for your payroll processing needs. We recommend submitting this suggestion to our Ideas Board. Our development team regularly reviews these suggestions, and your input could help shape future updates to the software.

Regards,

Sai