Forum Discussion

LisaJK
Contributing User
6 days ago

AccountRight Desktop: Sales Invoice - Discount field not showing

When entering a sales invoice, I understand you should be able to enter a discount, however I can't see that field when I go to enter a sales invoice.  I have checked the setup preferences and I can't see anywhere to 'turn on' the discount field in the sales invoice entry screen.  Would someone please be able to advise how to do so?

• Hi LisaJK 

v19 also only allows an invoice discount column on Item invoices. With a service layout you add a new line and enter Discount in the Description - this is how it has always been. Items are the only things that have set prices in MYOB, so only these can be 'discounted'.

Or perhaps you are referring to early payment discounts - these are set on the Customer Card, not the invoice.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LisaJK,

I see that you're having trouble finding the discount field on your sales invoice screen. No worries, I'm here to help! The reason you can't see the discount field is because of the layout of the sales invoice you're using. AccountRight Desktop supports different invoice layouts, and the one that supports discounts is the "Item" layout. For more info, please check out this Help article: Creating customer invoices.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help. 

Cheers,

Princess

LisaJK
    Contributing User

Thanks for your response Mark, but we don't use items so the item layout won't work for us.  We use the service invoice layout and I am pretty sure I used to be able to use the discount field on a service invoice when using the old classic V19 program prior to upgrading (in fact I know because I can see history of transactions with discounts and we have never ever had items set up or used the item layout).  Does that mean you can only discount 'products' (Items) and not services?  That seems very strange to me.

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi LisaJK 

v19 also only allows an invoice discount column on Item invoices. With a service layout you add a new line and enter Discount in the Description - this is how it has always been. Items are the only things that have set prices in MYOB, so only these can be 'discounted'.

Or perhaps you are referring to early payment discounts - these are set on the Customer Card, not the invoice.

Regards

Gavin

LisaJK
    Contributing User

I think you are correct Gavin, it may well have been that the discounts were early payment discounts.