Forum Discussion

AHJS
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Convert a Purchase Order into a Sales Order without re-imputting?

Hi community

Im just wondering if there is a way to convert a purchase order into a sales order?

Basically we have to order in stock items for a customer by submitting a purchase order to our supplier.  We then have to invoice our customer for the stock items so they pay us for them.  Is there a way to convert a purchase order into a sales order so I dont have to imput the one order twice (once as a purchase and then again as a sales order/invoice)

We running AccountRight V2019.2 latest update.

Thanks in advance

• Hi AHJS 

While you can create a Purchase Order from a Sales Order, you are not able to go directly the other way (purchase order to sales order).

So you, in theory, you could go the other way i.e. enter the customer order and then generate the Purchase Order from that. You can generate a purchase order from a customer order by creating your sales order, going to the Sales Register>>Orders and selecting Create PO

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AHJS 

While you can create a Purchase Order from a Sales Order, you are not able to go directly the other way (purchase order to sales order).

So you, in theory, you could go the other way i.e. enter the customer order and then generate the Purchase Order from that. You can generate a purchase order from a customer order by creating your sales order, going to the Sales Register>>Orders and selecting Create PO

AHJS
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Steve_M, we just did this for the first time and it worked we just had to adjust our order of input.  We still have to adjust twice once our supplier finalises what they can supply but still it's a lot easier than entering the entire sales order and purchase order seperately.