Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

How to record a refund from an expense made EG airline flights

Hi All

Virgin Australia has refunded us for some flights.

when we paid for the flights it was done through spend money i am not sure how to record this refund?

Thank you

Jenna

• Hi jenna9817,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I appreciate your query. To record the refund you received from Virgin Australia, you should create a 'Receive Money' transaction. This will counterbalance the original 'Spend Money' transaction you made when you paid for the flights. If you need more detailed instructions on how to do this, please refer to this helpful article about receiving money.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Cheers,

Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jenna9817,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I appreciate your query. To record the refund you received from Virgin Australia, you should create a 'Receive Money' transaction. This will counterbalance the original 'Spend Money' transaction you made when you paid for the flights. If you need more detailed instructions on how to do this, please refer to this helpful article about receiving money.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Cheers,

Shella