Forum Discussion

Carol-Anne
Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

Incorrect allocation to Receive Money - should have been Receive Payment

I've just realised that a payment received for an invoice has been incorrectly allocated to receive money. The month has been closed and locked. How do I change the allocation from Receive Money to the sales invoice as the customer is getting frustrated at receiving emails asking for payment!

• Hi Carol-Anne 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

If closed and locked means you have already reconciled for the month. To correct the situation, kindly undo the reconciliation, unallocate and delete the received money transaction. Once done, you should be able to allocate the transaction as received payment. 

However, if you've locked the date period to prevent entries during the locked period. You'll need to go to Set up menu >>Preferences >> Security >> unticked the lock period. Delete the receive money transaction and reprocess as received payment.

This Help Article, Deleting a transactions, has more detailed information about this.

Are we able to solved your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply on this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Carol-Anne 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

If closed and locked means you have already reconciled for the month. To correct the situation, kindly undo the reconciliation, unallocate and delete the received money transaction. Once done, you should be able to allocate the transaction as received payment. 

However, if you've locked the date period to prevent entries during the locked period. You'll need to go to Set up menu >>Preferences >> Security >> unticked the lock period. Delete the receive money transaction and reprocess as received payment.

This Help Article, Deleting a transactions, has more detailed information about this.

Are we able to solved your concern? If YES, please click on "Accept as Solution". If NO, please feel free to reply on this post and we are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Carol-Anne
      Cover User

Thank you Princess - that's exactly what I ended up doing.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Carol-Anne 

Thank you for the update. Glad to know you're able to solved this. Please feel free to post again if you need help in the future. I'm more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess