Forum Discussion

JJ67
Experienced Cover User
11 days ago

Item profit margin in business insight

I have just noticed under item profit margin its showing the profit margins are minus. 

looking further into this I see in our purchase orders we have input the suppliers recommended retail with our discount. 

this is now setting the buy price as the high price not the discounted price. 

eg supplier recommended price is $10 less 20% discount = cost of $8 but its saying we are buying it for $10 not $8.

is there a way to fix this issue. 

I have seen if I input the price in at the discounted price on the invoice then it works out correctly. but surely having the Discount applied would give you the same cost per unit. 

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JJ67,

I can see how having incorrect item purchase prices affects the ledger. You will need to correct the item prices manually and recreate the purchase orders with the correct prices. To do this, you can open the item's purchase information or follow this article

Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

JJ67
    Experienced Cover User

But shouldn't the system apply the discounted price that is input. Rather than applying the price before discount. 

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

HI JJ67,

Thanks for your response. The system should indeed apply the discounted price that is entered when you create the invoice. If this isn't happening, we need to investigate further to sort it out. You'll need to ensure that the correct discounted prices are entered and reflected in your purchase orders and invoices. You should be able to fix the issue with the profit margins being displayed incorrectly.

If you're still in need of further assistance, please partner with our live chat support team for more assistance. To connect with a live chat agent, please start by contacting our virtual assistant, MOCA, through myob.com/support. If MOCA is unable to resolve your issue, it will transfer you directly to our live chat team for further help.

Cheers,

Princess