Forum Discussion

DePez
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Stock not adjusting when a sales order is entered.

Hi,

I am wondering if you could let me know how to fix a problem I am having. 

When I enter a sale as an order and record it the stock that I have entered does not come off our stock count on hand. This is a problem as we are selling the items someone has on order. Can I change a setting to make the products come off the stock on hand.

Thanks,

Deanne

• Hi DePez 

A workaround might be doing an inventory adjustment manually to reduce the stock but please note that if you convert these orders to invoices later on, the stock will be reduced again and at that point, another adjustment needs to be made to bring the stock back to correct values. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DePez 

The quantity/stock on hand will only reduce once the order has been converted into an invoice. This is because orders/quotes do not impact the on-hand inventory quantities until they are changed into invoices. Let us know if you have further questions on this. 

DePez
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Komal,

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way around this as it can be quite unhelpful.

De

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi DePez 

A workaround might be doing an inventory adjustment manually to reduce the stock but please note that if you convert these orders to invoices later on, the stock will be reduced again and at that point, another adjustment needs to be made to bring the stock back to correct values.