Forum Discussion

ryadre
Trusted Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

Used the ToDo List to Pay Bills - cant find my Electronic payment

Hi all. Normally I go through each supplier and tick the Electronic Payment box, and then I can go to the Prepare Electronic Payments window and create the fle to upload to my bank website here in NZ

Today for the first time I used the Todo list Accounts Payable and selected all the outstanding bills from October to pay. This then asked me for the date to process, which i selected to be in a couple days time on the 20th.

I dont seem to have created a file to upload to the bank website? I have the Electronic Clearing account linked, this remains at $0. All my bills I paid are shown as Closed. And my Current account in  Accountright has had the amount deducted. I was assuming after I selected the date to pay that I would have been given the option to create Electronic Payment.

So Im not sure how to get the file to so I can actually pay my suppliers online? Worst case I will have to look back and note down all the amounts I have 'paid' and pay my suppliers maunally online I guess.

Edit, I have found that in Setup - Linked Accounts - Purchases Accounts it is set to an account called Trade Creditors which must be a default account. Is this where my payment has ended up?

I have ended up going through each supplier, and gone into Payment history and changed the payment to an Electronic payment manually.

I suspect in the future if I want to use the Todo list to pay the bills, I need to set that Linked accounts - Purchases Accounts to the Electronic Clearing account? although it gives me a warning that it should be a Liability account?

• Hi ryadre,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. Could you please try to update the linked accounts, navigate to Setup in the Menu bar, then select Linked Accounts and go to Purchases Accounts. In the ensuing window, ensure that the bank account designated for bill payments is switched to the Electronic Clearing Account.

After this adjustment, when you click 'Pay Bills' in the To-Do List, payments will be processed using the Electronic Clearing account. You can then proceed to the Banking or Purchases Command Centres to generate the ABA File for the payment by accessing 'Prepare Electronic Payments'."

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ryadre,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. Could you please try to update the linked accounts, navigate to Setup in the Menu bar, then select Linked Accounts and go to Purchases Accounts. In the ensuing window, ensure that the bank account designated for bill payments is switched to the Electronic Clearing Account.

After this adjustment, when you click 'Pay Bills' in the To-Do List, payments will be processed using the Electronic Clearing account. You can then proceed to the Banking or Purchases Command Centres to generate the ABA File for the payment by accessing 'Prepare Electronic Payments'."

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

ryadre
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you, I just did a test with a couple of payments and seems to have worked.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ryadre,

We're glad to know that your problem is now resolved. Please feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to help!

Regards,
        Earl