Forum Discussion

Kat4
Experienced User
5 days ago

Adding a Payroll Category to employee when payrun already started

I have started a payrun, well almost finished it and wanted to add another payroll category to an employee and when added it wont show up in my saved payrun. Do I really have to cancel my payrun and start all over again just so that the payroll category shows up under the employee?  

I am using MYOB Accountright Desktop 2024.6.1.9.  

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hello Kat4

Totally understandable. It would be more convenient if the newly added payroll category will be shown to a saved pay run. No worries, I was able to relay your concern to the relevant team.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kat4

If you need to add a new payroll category to a saved pay run, unfortunately, it will not show up on the saved pay run. You have two options regarding your situation. First would be to continue the saved pay run and create a separate pay for the other payroll category. And the other option is to cancel the saved pay run so you can include the other payroll category. Just let me know if you further questions regarding this.

Best regards,

Doreen

Kat4
      Experienced User

Thank you Doreen for your response. I thought this maybe the only options I might have. 

MYOB needs to fix this problem because it's really inconvenient not being able to add when you need to.