Forum Discussion

mgccc
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Tax File Declarations

Hi

Just wondering if there is any updates on when we will be able to lodge tax file Declarations through MYOB this is something that will be very useful

• ATO has announced as part of Single Touch Payroll update the need for separate  tax file number declarations will no longer be required 

Key benefits and features of STP Phase 2 include:

• reducing the duplication of information employers provide to Government which will also reduce unnecessary interactions including
      • incorporating the reason for an employee ceasing employment to reduce the need for separation certificates
      • reporting child support garnishee and deduction amounts voluntarily through STP instead of through the separate manual remittance process
    • removing the need to send tax file number and withholding declaration information to the ATO – this will now be captured in the employment conditions section of the STP report

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi mgccc 

The primary development focuses recently for our development teams around the ATO space as been around adding the Payroll Reporting Centre (STP) and allowing users to file their Business Activity Statements (BAS) directly through to the ATO online. As work is ongoing within those spaces, the ability to lodge tax file number declarations (TFNs) is not something that is actively being worked on at this time to my knowledge. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that is not something that will be included in the future, just that we don't have any immediate plans for it.

PaulBihet
      Ultimate Partner

ATO has announced as part of Single Touch Payroll update the need for separate  tax file number declarations will no longer be required 

Key benefits and features of STP Phase 2 include:

• reducing the duplication of information employers provide to Government which will also reduce unnecessary interactions including
        • incorporating the reason for an employee ceasing employment to reduce the need for separation certificates
        • reporting child support garnishee and deduction amounts voluntarily through STP instead of through the separate manual remittance process
      • removing the need to send tax file number and withholding declaration information to the ATO – this will now be captured in the employment conditions section of the STP report
        jimlivfab
        Experienced Cover User

Hi  Paul,

just spoken to ATO re Tax File Declaration and they are say that there should be a report that we can send through Payroll reporting, but i can't find this on MYOB can you help with this? This before we start to pay our new employee.

thanks

GayleHEH
      Experienced Cover User

I though the lodgement of TFND through STP Phase 2 was a definite.  That it was part of the Phase 2 STP implementation.  Could someone please confirm for me?  thank you in advance.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi GayleHEH 

There are a number of changes being rolled out with regards to STP Phase 2. In addition to the factsheet that PaulBihet  has provided, ATO: Expanding Single Touch Payroll (Phase 2) offers further assistance with those up-and-coming changes.

To directly answer your enquiry, I understand that TFN declarations will no longer be required as that will be included with this STP Phase 2 rollout.