Forum Discussion

Adele2442
Contributing User
8 days ago

BAS submission query.

When I submit my BAS I go on the web browser and select "Accounts" > "Prepare BAS / IAS"

and continue to submit direct from there - all good!

However, I realise I can also submit it from the "Reporting" > "BAS Reports" tab as well - however, it doesn't show that I have already submitted BAS from the accounts tab.

If I go on the accounts TAB it shows that I have lodged it (Image attached) but if I click on the Reports tab - it doesn't show that this has already been sent (like they don't talk to each other) if that makes sense.

My question is, which tab (Accounts or Reporting) should I choose when lodging BAS (I lodge direct from MYOB) it appears they are separate, as the Reporting TAB encourages me to lodge BAS when I have already done it in the Accounts tab. So I am a little confused.

I have attached a screen shot of the "accounts" tab where I lodged from, showing the submissions and I have attached a screen shot of the "reports" tab where it doesn't show a lodgment

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Adele2442,

I totally get that you're seeing some differences between the "Accounts" tab and the "Reporting" tab when you're filing your BAS. Generally, it's best to submit your BAS directly from the Accounts tab since it reflects your actual submissions. That's what we typically use, as mentioned in the Help article: Get ready to lodge activity statements.

The Reporting tab seems more geared toward generating reports instead of tracking submissions accurately. To avoid any potential mix-ups, I recommend sticking with the Accounts tab for lodging your BAS.

Cheers,

Princess