Forum Discussion

dinah2
User
2 years ago

exempt fringe benefits STP 2 EoFy reporting

Hi Team,

we have just realised that the exempt fringe benefits for our employees are still included in the Gross Taxable Payments. We had them classified as Non-Reportable as in all previous years not realising this needed to change in STP 2.

Could you please advise what steps we need to take to correct this, so it will show correctly in the Prefill ATO My Gov website. We have tried to re-classify in MYOB  but it has not changed the Gross Wages amounts for 2022.23 for our employees.

Thank you

6 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi dinah2 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

After you changed the ATO Reporting Category of the Fringe Benefits, were you able to send an update event? This is to ensure the figures that will be sent to ATO are updated. To process an update event, please check The Help Article End of year finalisation with Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, dinah2 

Were you able to change the ATO Reporting Category of the Fringe Benefits? Please let us know if you require any further assistance with your concern. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

• I have the same issue.

I have changed the classification in the pay item to "reportable" Salary sacrifice other but it still does not subtract the exempt amount from the grosse wages.

How can this be fixed ?

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SamaraC,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the delayed response.

Kindly confirm if you’ve send update event after making the required adjustments in the payroll category? This is to refresh the report information after making changes to one of the reporting categories.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SamaraC,

I hope this message finds you well. I would just like to follow up regarding your concern to see if you're able to send update event after making changes to the reporting categories. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you still require further assistance with this. I'm more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SamaraC,

We hope you're doing great! Please be informed that we'll now be closing this thread since we haven't received any update or response from your end. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess