Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

I represent a church registered for GST needing to invoice another church not registered for GST. Do I charge the GST? Can I claim it back?

• Margaret8 

As an entity registered for GST you must charge them GST unless they have a letter of exemption from the government. Think about as rare as hen's teeth. Presumably they are not registered because they are below the $150K limit for NFP's. Your situation is no different than the power company or the cleaning company - you need to add GST to your invoice. You will not be claiming it back, rather you you be paying it to the ATO at the next BAS

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ronatbas
    Ultimate Partner

Margaret8 

As an entity registered for GST you must charge them GST unless they have a letter of exemption from the government. Think about as rare as hen's teeth. Presumably they are not registered because they are below the $150K limit for NFP's. Your situation is no different than the power company or the cleaning company - you need to add GST to your invoice. You will not be claiming it back, rather you you be paying it to the ATO at the next BAS