Forum Discussion

AmandaCL
MYOB Moderator
26 days ago

EOFY Resources

Hey everyone!

As we approach EOFY, it can be a busy time for many. We've developed an expert guide with tips and what to expect to help make it easier for you all.

To download our free guide, visit this page and fill in the form with your details. We'll have it emailed straight to your inbox!

A list of 7 key things to get on top of during EOFY has also been published over on our MYOB Blog. We've also got tips on how to take control of your payroll, how to find the right bookkeeper to help you prepare and software tools that are available to help streamline your EOFY processes. Check out our MYOB Blog for more information! 

If you have any resources or tips and tricks, feel free to leave a comment. I'm sure many from our community will find it extremely helpful! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cheers, Amanda.

11 Replies

• Is there a printable MYOB 2023-2024 Tax tables sheet that we can download. The one that has all the tax rates, income test thresholds, medicare levy, private health insurance thresholds etc?

These are really handy and we have been using them for so many years.

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey oca1976

If your file is online and your using the latest version, tax tables will automatically be downloaded. More information about tax tables within MYOB can be found on this page. 

I would recommend checking out the ATO's page about tax tables for more detailed information and figures. I've included a link to that page here!

Cheers, Amanda. 

oca1976
        User

Thank you Amanda. I was more talking about the handy sheets you can print out and have on your desk to look at like the picture below.

Nicole

• How long will it take to have the Guide emailed? I filled in the form but it hasn't come through as yet.

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey AlisonJ

It'll typically be emailed a few minutes after submitting the form. If you check your junk/spam folders are you able to locate it? 

H-TS
    Trusted User

Thanks Amanda, yes, I had just worked that out (from phone support), even though it was only locked to 1/6/2024.
    All sorted now. I didn't have to reactivate or reterminate anyone but I do now have about 300 $0.00 payslips to manually change the status from 'to be emailed' to 'already sent'... as a result of the update events. :( 

H-TS
    Trusted User

Why oh why are we STILL having to reactivate and reterminate employees at the end of the year after so many years of STP, just to get the YTD verification report to work???? 

We're on STP2.0 and the send update event did nothing to change the figures when I sent from the 2024/25 tab and if I try to send from 2023/24 tab it says I can't process a pay in a locked period????

It's this time of year I particularly dislike this software. Every year I hope things will have improved and EOY reconciliations will go smoothly, but noooooo. I'm so glad I only have around 100 employees to sort out. Can't imagine if we had a big payroll. Although I guess companies with bigger payrolls probably aren't using this software. 

• I agree, so frustrating and frustrating that we can no longer pick up the phone and dial someone from MYOB so they can quickly walk you through the hiccup.

H-TS
        Trusted User

It turns out we can still call, and my wait time the other day was "only" 45 minutes, which was as long as a live chat takes by the time you wait 3-5 minutes for every reply.

The number is just buried very deep on the contact us page.

And at least on hold, you can do other things whereas on live chat, I feel like I have to sit and stare waiting for a response or risk being disconnected for not replying quickly enough to one of their messages.

AmandaCL
      MYOB Moderator

Hey H-TS

It sounds like you've got a lock period set within the file. You'll be able to change your preferences by clicking on Setup > Preferences > Security. Once this has been changed you should be able to send an update event without the same error popping up. 

Cheers, Amanda.