Forum Discussion

SWTSM
User
26 days ago

Job List

Hi there.  I'm new to the community forum and have a simple question that I'm hoping to get an answer to as MYOB support couldn't help with this one.  We have reached job number 10000 in our system and used that number for a new job in the job list.  Unfortunately it posts out of numerical order, posts in the job list under job 0100 We are currently using an A in front of the job number so they numbers carry on in numerical order.  Has anybody else gone from job number 9999 to job 10000 and the same thing happened?  How can i rectify please.

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SWTSM,

Thanks for your detailed post, and welcome to the Community Forum! Could you please try the following steps to check if the job number sequence changes:

1. Edit the job number (e.g., change 010000 to a different number) and save it.
    2. Re-edit the job number back to its original number and check if the sequence has changed.

To change the job number, follow these steps:

1. Go to List.
    2. Click Jobs.
    3. The job list window will appear.
    4. Click on the blue arrow next to the job number you want to change.
    5. The job information window will appear.
    6. In the job field, change the job number.
    7. Click OK.

If the issue persists, it may require an individual investigation on the back end. I recommend trying our virtual assistant, MOCA, which is designed to dive deeper into issues like this. Give it a go!

Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. If MOCA can't resolve your issue, our live chat team will be available to help further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl