FredV
User
10 years ago
Maybe later

Email: Ability to set senders email address for Outlook

Hi,

the fact that Myob automatically uses Default email account in Outlook is totally wrong move.

Lets say that we have 5 email account in OUTLOOK, default is FRED@ and the one that I need to use for Invoicing is ADMIN@.

I am sending invoice via MYOB that will automatically use FRED@ in my Outlook. Does that make any sense? NO. It does not.

How hard would that be to configure MYOB to be able to set whatever account in my OUTLOOK will be the MYOB account?

I know that your answer is going to be this: You can set default ADMIN@ and when you use OUTLOOK without MYOB, you can choose your account FRED@ manually.

This would be very unproductive and very hard to manage.

The reason why you have to make the feature ,, CHOOSE OUTLOOK EMAIL ACCOUNT,, available is that people can use appropriate outlook email account with different email signatures. 99.99% companies have multiple emails.

Please let me know what you think....:-)

Have a good day

Fred

"Outlook Email Default for MYOB"

35 Comments

BYBookkeeping
    Trusted Cover User

I am a bookkeeper who has supported 4 clients move over to the Cloud over the last 2 months, but this function really lets the software down.  I can now do anything for them on the laptop and my clients are saying how much time they are saving.  But emailing from my laptop is a probem when I have this many clients.  I am sending/receiving from there email but MYOB lets it down. 

I am not willing to change my home default email address due to the second warning that comes up when I follow the steps from http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Emailing+in+AccountRight#expand-HowdoIsetthedefaultemailaddress Support Notes. 

Under 'How do I set the default email address?' and the Step 4.

I fully support the comments made by FredV

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Hi FredV,

Thanks for your suggestion. We do see how being able to select which e-mail address from Outlook the AccountRight software should use to e-mail out with would be beneficial for our clients.

Anyone else who would like to see this feature implemented into future releases of the software, please vote for the idea by selecting the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading.

Kindest,

Tallie

• I'd like to suggest finding a way to allow users to choose their own default reply email address and/or email management program.

For instance, in my day-to-day work I have an email address relating to my employment in that role. I also happen to use Outlook when doing that job. For my own business I use a different application and I also have a completely different email addres, which relates to my business identity. I use my laptop most of the time for everything, whether doing my paid job or pursuing my own business.

Because MYOB uses Outlook by default, I have sometimes sent out invoices or statements to clients who are no doubt confused because my address seems unconnected to my business. Not to mention the fact that it's embarrassing and a bad look for me to record email traffic on my employer's email account, when it has nothing to do with it.

It's very inconvenient to have to change address details in Outlook every time I need to do accounts for my business. Surely it could be made much easier by allowing me to choose the program I want to use, with the email address I have for my business. How hard could that be? I can't be alone on this point.

Cheers.

SRK
      Trusted Cover User

Great idea.  Very very sensible.  So many people work from home and laptops with multiple email addresses.

Gus23
      Cover User

MYOB could certainly establish their own SMTP server. I'm not sure if SmartyHost is still part of the MYOB group but they can certainly do email hosting.

In any event, the option to select the desired 'from' address within the company file is the best option, rather than needing to constantly change the default account in Outlook.

It really is a no brainer, and I hope the team at MYOB would just get on with it, rather than wait for the votes in this forum to compile, which they undoubtedly will.

NaomiBookkeeper
      Cover User

Hi

We have a few different businesses set up as different company files on MYOB.

Unfortunately the default email for all of them is the same.  We have called your help line and have been told there is no way to change this.

It would be better to be able to choose a different default email for each company as our suppliers/staff/customers can get confused when they receive an email from a company name they don't recognise.

Thank you 

jenniek
        Ultimate Partner

I agree - I run two companies, and at present have to always pdf invoices from the 2nd company as that company has a different email address.